Well, not a lot of exciting news from the Chancellor yesterday, but some of the more salient points were:
- Fuel duty to be cut by 1p per litre from 6pmyesterday (23rd March)
- Fuel duty inflation rise delayed until 1st January 2012 (Planned April 2012 rise delayed until 1st August 2012)
- Fuel duty escalator cancelled
- Council tax frozen by every Council in England
- Personal tax allowance up to £8,105 from 2012
- 43 reliefs abolished as part of this budget
- Consultation to be undertaken to merge Income tax and NI – could take a number of years to complete
- Government introducing a reduced rate of inheritance tax of 36 per cent from April 2012 for estates leaving 10 per cent or more to charity
- 50p tax rate confirmed as a temporary measure but “not the right time to remove the 50p rate”
The information, guidance and/or advice contained within the website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore primarily targeted at customers in the UK.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We can be found on the FCA Register under Registration No.457620 at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register.